A European University Association (EUA) vai organizar na Universidade do Porto o “3rd EUA Funding Forum“.
Esta iniciativa insere-se no quadro de atividades que a EUA tem desenvolvido sobre os efeitos da crise no financiamento dos sistemas de ensino superior.
Efficient universities: Value for society
Hosted by the University of Porto Portugal 6-7 October 2016
For the third time, universities, public authorities and partners come together to take stock of and discuss the latest funding trends, opportunities and challenges in the sector.
This year’s Forum will focus on the crucial issues of delivering value to society and efficient university management. At a time when public finances are under increased pressure, funding models for universities are being revised with a view to rationalise expenditures, generate greater added value and increase efficiency in the sector. In many European countries, it is becoming highly relevant for the university sector to show and quantify its contribution to society, in social as well as economic terms.
Participants will focus on the following questions:
• How can efficiency strategies reinforce the university’s capacity to deliver on its core missions?
• How can the contribution of universities to society be assessed, let alone measured?
• Should universities communicate on their economic added value? And if so, how?
• What are the expectations of funders and policy makers? Which policies successfully increase efficiency?
• How can stakeholders develop a productive dialogue at the system level?
• What is the future of European funding?
• How can universities explore new partnerships and diversify their funding streams?
A biennial event, the Funding Forum is a unique, inclusive platform open to all higher education funding stakeholders: university leaders and managers, researchers, students, public authorities, public and private funders and partners.
Learn more from EUA’s website: http://www.eua.be/event/funding-forum-2016